You have made it to Orlando and have arrived at Disney World or your resort and are hit with the question…do we have to pay to park? This is a topic that many people fail to think about when budgeting funds for a Disney trip, but we are here to help you know everything there is to know about parking at Disney World.
Parking at the Theme Parks
- At Magic Kingdom the parking lot is located at the Ticket and Transportation Center. Once you park you will ride a ferry boat or the monorail to the entrance to the theme park. At all of the other parks the parking lot is located immediately outside the entrance to the park.
- When parking at the four main theme you can expect to pay the following rates:
- $20.00 – Car or Motorcycle
- $22.00 – Camper, Trailer, Shuttle, Limo, or RV
- $25.00 – Bus or Tractor Trailer
- Keep in mind if you are a Disney resort guest or an annual pass holder you DO NOT have to pay for parking at the theme parks. Just show the parking pass you get when you arrive at your resort (or your annual pass) and you will get to park for free.
- Another thing to remember is keep your receipt. What you pay for parking is good for the entire day and at any other park. So if you park hop you will not have to pay to park at the next theme park.
- A final (and very important and overlooked) tip is to know where you leave your car. These parking lots are MASSIVE and it is easy to lose a car. Disney has good signage and a row numbering system, but you’ve got to know where your car is for that to be of use. Log it in your phone, on your receipt, or take a picture of the location so you don’t forget after a long hard day in the parks.
Parking at the Water Parks and Disney Springs
- Not many things are free at Disney World, but parking at the Water Parks, ESPN Wide World of Sports and Disney springs are exceptions to this rule. Anyone and everyone can park for free in these locations.
- Disney Springs will have two large parking garage structures once all of the construction of this area is complete, although right now only one of these is open.
Parking at the Resort Hotels
- Parking at the Disney resort hotels is free, although to get into each hotel property you will have to go by the guard shack to be let in. If you are a guest of that resort you will have no problem. If you are not a guest of that resort they will have a list of dining reservations at the resort and you will be let in for that reason. You may can get in if you say you are shopping or dining at the quick service at that property, but there are no guarantees. You are better off taking Disney transportation from a park or your hotel if you want to go to a hotel that you are not a guest of.
- Valet Parking is also available at all of the Disney deluxe resorts and the cost is $25 to use the service for the entire day. Just like theme park parking, if you valet at one resort, keep your receipt, and travel to another resort you can use the receipt to valet park there during the same day.
- If you are a Tables in Wonderland member you can valet park for free at any deluxe resort when you are dining. Show the valet your TiW card when you check in your car and then after your meal show your card again, along with the receipt from your meal and you will get your car back with no charge.
Well, that’s about all you need to know about parking. Ask any questions you may have below and a “MouseDreamer” will answer them as quickly as we can.