When booking a vacation package or a room only reservation through Disney there are certain rules that you should be aware of that have to do with booking, paying and/or cancelling your vacation. These rules, that we have listed below, are actually very positive things for most travelers. The ability to change and modify your trip without paying in full is something that can be very beneficial. Here is what you need to know about the rules of Disney packages.
Rules for Package Reservations (Hotel and Park Tickets)
- In order to book this package you must pay a $200 deposit. This can be paid at the time of booking, or you can reserve the room on a 3 day hold and just pay the deposit before the 3 days are up. (Note: to get the 3 day hold you must be using a travel agent or making the reservation by phone.)
- The final payment of any room only reservation is due 30 days prior to your travel dates. (If you are less than 30 days in advance you must pay in full at the time you book the trip.)
- Up until the 30 day mark you are free to make changes or cancel your trip with no penalty. If you have to cancel once inside the 30 day mark you still can do so, but you will pay a $200 cancellation fee. The only exception is if you cancel the day before your trip or the day of your trip in which case the entire cost of the trip is non-refundable.
- We also recommend not making your final payment until you are sure you are not going to make any more changes or apply any more discount codes. If you have made final payment and get a discount that would reduce the cost of your trip they may charge you a $50 change fee. You will get refunded the difference in cost, but a change fee may apply.
- You can book airfare through Disney if booking a vacation package, although we think the price is always a little higher this way. If you do book airfare through Disney that entire amount must be paid at the time of booking plus the $200 deposit for the room/ticket package. Also, if you have to cancel your trip the airfare will never be refundable.
Rules for Room Only Reservations (Hotel Room Only)
- In order to book this package you must pay a deposit equal to one night’s room rate. This can be paid at the time of booking, or you can reserve the room on a 3 day hold and just pay the deposit before the 3 days are up. (Note: to get the 3 day hold you must be using a travel agent or making the reservation by phone.)
- The final payment of any room only reservation is due on the day of check in. (Again, this is only true if using a travel agent or making the reservation by phone. If you book online yourself final payment will be due 30 days in advance.)
- You can still make any changes you need to this package up to 5 days in advance of your trip.
Let us know if you have any other questions on this topic by commenting below and we’ll do our best to help you.