The Disney Wonder, one of the “classic” Disney Cruise Line ships will undergo a full re-imagination this coming fall as it heads into dry dock. These enhancements do not appear to be identical to what the Wonder’s sister ship, the Disney Magic, received a couple of years ago, but instead appear to be some distinct new changes that will be unique to Disney Cruise Line.
The first enhancement that will be a first of its kind in the Disney fleet is the addition of the Marvel Super Hero Academy. The characters in the Marvel Universe will come to life and young guests themselves can train to be an adventurous and courageous hero. Each young guest will get to participate in adventures and scenarios where they will play an important role and they will even learn some skills of teamwork and problem solving along the way.
Another new and fun experience will be new additions to the Oceaneer Club, which is open to children between the ages of three and 12. There will be a new play area within the club featuring the famous Disney story Frozen, where guests will get to play games with Olaf and get ready for a visit by Anna and Elsa. Also within the club will be Club Disney Junior where some of the younger guests’ favorite shows will be represented from Doc McStuffins to Sofia the First to Jake and the Neverland Pirates. Finally, in the Oceaneer Club guests should get ready to play in Andy’s Room where they will feel what it is like to be the size of the toys and even participate in a scavenger hunt with Woody and Jessie.
All guests to the Wonder are also going to be dazzled by the new dining venue, Tiana’s Place Restaurant, which again will be exclusive to this ship. The restaurant will feature spirited jazz music and a street party atmosphere while having that special touch of southern charm. That southern charm will not only be present in the decor and setting, but will be featured in the menu as well as they will produce food that is good for the body and the soul.
The adult district of the ship will also feature upgrades, including the addition of Cheers, an English pub. In this dining venue adults will get to experience an authentic English tavern including leather furniture, dark woods, and a setting that is like a true neighborhood pub. The pub will even offer specially made brews just for the guest’s enjoyment. This pub will not be without its touch of Disney nostalgia though as it will have artifacts from some classic Disney films that are set in London including artwork and film props. The rest of the adult district will also feature a major upgrade including a new model of the Cadillac Lounge.
In addition to all of those major changes onboard the ship will be getting a variety of other smaller upgrades and enhancements including the following:
- A new and re-designed and re-themed Senses Spa and Chill Teen Spa.
- Upgrades to the Animator’s Palate restaurant which will allow them to present the popular “Animation Magic” and “Drawn to Magic” dinner shows.
- The addition of a D Lounge for games and entertainment that the entire family will enjoy.
- The addition of a Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique that will give prince and princess like makeovers to young guests.
- Upgrades to the club designed just for tweens, Edge.
- Upgrades to the Cabanas buffet on the upper decks.
- Upgrades and enhancements to the popular specialty dining restaurant, Palo.
- A new water slide, Twist ‘n Spout will provide fun for all ages on the upper decks.
- Dory’s Reef, a splash area for toddlers, will be added.
- The addition of the AquaLab which is a pool and interactive water area for kids and families to play and enjoy the day.
The Wonder will enter its dry dock in Cadiz, Spain on September and will stay there through October 23. After this enhancement period is over guests will able to experience these upgrades as the ship will begin sailing from Galveston, TX on November 10, 2016.